Loctite Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loctite Question

Home I know you use Loctite on the dampener bolt - but blue or red?

Forum I need to reassemble the Aerospace brake rotors to the hubs. On the bolts going through the aluminum hub and into the steel rotor, on one side the bolts came out easy, while the other every CH of the bolts had a lot of resistance. I assume Loctite was used on one side, but not the other. I'll run a thread restorer on all 10 bolts and holes to clean up. I would assume Loctite should be used in the steel holes of the rotor, but not the bolts that first go through the aluminum threads of the hub. Do you use red or blue Lictite?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1457.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1343
    Please register to post, add this forum to your Browser's start tabs &actively participate!

I use the red all of the time on steel parts. It breaks loose with a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Poppaj View Post
      I use the red all of the time on steel parts. It breaks loose with a little effort.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	hubrotor.png
Views:	35
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	1348

Yeah while I was surfing for torque specs, I found this. I'll clean with acetone, and chase with a thread restorer - but both the aluminum hub and steel rotor have threads in them. I'm not going to use red on aluminum as I've pulled thread out from it in the past. I'll run the bolts to the edge of the hub, put a drop in each rotor and finish running the bolts down. I was told to torque the bolts, but I'm pretty sure I barely had enough room to get a shallow thin wall 3/8 socket and ratchet in there. I couldn't get a long handled ratcheting box in there.
      Please register to post, add this forum to your Browser's start tabs &actively participate!

Comment

Working...
      X