• Show
Clear All

• 2022 NMCA Specialty Awards

Click image for larger version

Name:	awards-777x437-1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	80

Every year at about this time, NMCA has nominations and then voting for four specialty awards.

They are:
    1. Driver of the Year
    2. Bob Curran Sportsman of the Year
    3. Ambassador of the Year
    4. Crew Member of the Year
    Every year I ask that NSS Drivers all get together behind NSS Racers and push to get a couple of these awards in their hands.

What I do know, is for someone to get the award, they'd better not have missed more than one NMCA race, so please take that into consideration.

Let's see if we can come up with a Consensus of who we need to push NMCA to awarding. Please, let's not just nominate someone because they're a good friend - but someone that NMCA will clearly see as benefitting the sport and the NMCA
    Please register to post, add this forum to your Browser's start tabs &actively participate!

I personally feel like we should nominate and elect Doug Duell for either the Sportsman of the Year or the Ambassador because of not only all that he does for Nostalgia Super Stock and the Dave Duell Classic (3 races in a race) - but that he was the one who really pushed for Stock and Super Stock in NMCA. They clearly see booth what he does for us - and (more importantly to them) what he's done for NMCA.

After thinking about who raced all year as I missed mist races and didn't really follow what went on - my only other suggestion would be Bruce Lang for Driver of the year. He races in two NMCA Classes. He won the championship in NSS, and top five in Super Stock. I'm hard pressed to think of who had a better year.

So what say you? We need to come up with a plan soon.
    Please register to post, add this forum to your Browser's start tabs &actively participate!

Comment

I think I'd like to revise my post above to feeling like I'd like to back

1. Driver of the year - Bruce Lang
      2. Sportsman of the Year (The Bob Currin name on the award is the biggest award for nmca) - Doug Duell
      3 Ambassador of the year - Angie Nine. She's a sweetheart who always has a smile on her face and is maybe unappreciated. She has always brightened my day and one reason I look forward to going to the race.
      4. I really wasn't at enough races to know what crew member was at enough races to help a NSS Racer. I'd normally suggest Kim Gass, but I don't think they were at enough races this year for her to have a chance.

Comment

Well it turns out that I totally missed out on the nominations. I never got an email about this. Hopefully, some NSS Racers made it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	46
Size:	997.0 KB
ID:	142

Comment

Working...
        X