My hip joints have been killing me since the accident. Felt like it was getting better when I took a couple days off, Then I worked in the shop Thursday through Sunday, and the right side hurt walking or standing, and sharp pains on left from sitting or crossing legs.

Monday, my doctor got me a Stat appointment with a hip surgeon, who in turn got me a Stat CT Scan after Xrays. they didn't find any breaks, but a lot of arthritis and inflammation. I've had arthritis shortly after a very bad car accident in 1974, where Iwas in a coma and broke a lot of bones. In 79' I started going to the VA at 6am for treatments on weekdays before work. I've had three surgeries on shoulder to remove calcium spurs, and three on knees. My back is so bad with arthritis that surgery can no linger help. So I wasn't surprised on the hip diagnosis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1309).png
Views:	58
Size:	332.1 KB
ID:	1321 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1310).png
Views:	41
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	1322

The treatment plan is staying in recliner for 5 days while taking a 5-day steroid pack. Then try light work to see if I can tolerate.

So I'm getting Vitamin C ready, as the Wagon might be too much to run and maintain. The plan is to load up Monday morning and leave Monday afternoon - but only if I feel I can tolerate the pain. If not, there's a Plan B for the hip, but not for the race. I've needed a shoulder joint replacement for better than ten years, but I have to give up racing afterward. The hip is now in the same boat.